Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, July 18, 2016

Big changes...awesome changes!!

I think I am ready to tell you my news!!

I told you that changes were coming....now I would like to tell you what that means!

We are going back to our roots....more or less. So....what am I talking about?

When we first bought our farmhouse....it needed a lot of work. A LOT! There is no better way to learn than by doing! Sure....you have to know when a project is out of your "ability zone" (heaters, big electrical projects, big plumbing projects....) but...if you just make up your mind that you are going to tackle something...you learn all kinds of things!!

You have a mountain to climb....start climbing!!

Not only have we learned all kinds of skills...we have learned that we have all kinds of "talents". I have presented more than one idea for a project....and my husband has delivered exactly what I wanted! He has become quite a woodworker! I think if you had told him that would be the case, when he was just a young lad, he would have laughed at you!! But necessity is a great motivator!

It is what motivated me to start what would, eventually, become Sweet Memories. I did custom baking so that I could be a full time Mom. It worked beautifully! One year I even got it in my head that I would have a "pop up" Christmas show right in our home! We cleared out all of the furniture and made EVERYTHING ourselves...by hand! Ornaments and decorations...wood, fabric, salt dough....it took us months and months to have enough "inventory"! Now....you need to understand that this happened WAY before it was such a thing. We are talking like 25 years ago!! It was an incredible amount of work....but it was very well attended and I was thrilled with how successful it was!!

I think you can see that the foundation for our, current, business was in the works....but, especially recently, I have been feeling like we are drifting away from where I would like to be.

I love....LOVE....home, my family, holidays....everything that makes life special (even more so with the world the way it is right now!!) I love to decorate my home and make it a place of comfort and security....and make it exude charm!! I love to look for all of the treasures it takes to make it perfect....and I love the fact that it takes years to gather all of those things! I love all of the memories that have been created...and the "things" that bring those memories back!!

My goal, when I started Sweet Memories, was to create all of that for our customers. We create a special menu for each and every service. Sometimes....we "miss the mark" as far as some are concerned. No....we don't serve breakfast...or have chicken fingers for the kids....but that is intentional. We want to stand out....be special! (Thankfully....99.9 % of you wonderful people not only "get it" but love us for it!! And....let's be honest....you are the ones that matter!)

My goal, for the gift shops, was to give you a fantastic collection of unique and special treasures. For you, your home...to give as gifts...and, while I believe we have been successful, it's just not "good enough" as far as I am concerned! I have had to give quite a bit of my "creative control" away....there just aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with the baking (thank you!! 😊) and do all that I would like to do in the shops! I, also, have become very dependent on "companies" for merchandise. Don't get me wrong....most of the companies I use are based right here in America and their products are awesome....but I want more! I want the shops to exude the same charm that I strive for in my own home....and, in order to get that done, I have to be the one to do it!

So....we will be "closing" the shops at the end of July. No....we are not closing them permanately! We are going to take our time and create the kind of Fall and Halloween experience that I have always wanted to give you! We will have a "big reveal" open house kind of thing....and then, limited, shopping hours for the remainder of the season. Then....we will "close" again....and I am going to create the kind of Christmas experience that I have always wanted to give you! We are going back to our roots. There will be vintage and handmade....one of a kind charm that you will love forever!

Obviously....there is a lot more to this and I will keep you posted!

Just know that we always strive to be the best us we can be....and making you happy is what we do!! This is going to be different.....but AWESOME!! And we are thrilled to have you come along for the ride!

9 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you, I can just imagine what you must be feeling being able to do what you have dreamed of :) I can't wait to see what your beautiful creativity brings. Thank you for being You and sharing it with all of us :)
    Tracy Tyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am excited too! I really, really want the upstairs gift shops to be a unique experience!!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what lies ahead.......whatever it is I know it will be AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!! I can't wait to get started.....the ideas are coming fast and furious!!!

      Delete
  3. If you need help with any "handmade" stuff. Hit me up! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see what you have planned. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! I am "working on" the logistics....I will let you know once I get them figured out! I would tell you that I will talk to you about all of this on Friday....but we all know I am borderline brain dead by the time 5:00 comes!! 😕 I will talk to you at some point, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go, Jaime!! Whatever you touch turns to gold. I cannot wait to see it!! - Jeanine Villano-George

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am intrigued by your exciting plan! If it is happening at Sweet Memories it has to be good, no GREAT! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete